Tomato Jam Recipe
From Lindsay Zamora of Stock Cafe
Great for using up your overly ripe tomatoes, this recipe works well as a condiment for toast, sandwiches and veggies or as a pizza sauce. Yields approximately 2 cups finished product.
- 1 lb MightyVine Tomatoes-on-vine
— 2 small onions
— 1 shallot
— 1/2 c maple syrup
— 1/4 c Enzo Balsamic Vinegar
— 2 T dijon mustard
— 2 t Col. Pabst Worcestershire Sauce
— 1 t salt 1 t black pepper (more to taste)
— Neutral oil
1. Begin by coring and quartering tomatoes. Set aside.
2. Finely dice onions and shallot and cook in a heavy bottomed saucepan with a splash of neutral oil.
3. Once onions appear transparent, add tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-low flame until tomatoes have broken down.
4. Feel free to blend the mixure if you prefer a finer texture or keep it slightly more rustic.