Gruyere & Cranberry Pull Apart Loaf
By Chef Jeremy Noga of Local Foods Cafe
— 1 boule, unsliced
— 4–6 oz aged swiss cheese or gruyere, cubed or sliced small
— 4 oz butter, melted
— 4 oz cranberry jam
— Chopped herbs, a/n
1. Slice the boule in a 1” grid, not cutting completely through the bread (think snowshoe).
2. In between the slices, randomly place bits of cheese. In pockets without cheese, spoon in some of the cranberry jam.
3. Pour the butter over the entire loaf, making sure to get into the crevices.
4. Bake at 400F 10–15 minutes, or until crispy, golden brown and the cheese is melted.
5. Add more jam if you like, and sprinkle with herbs. Serve warm.