Download as a PDF
Title: Butcher Reports to: Meat Department Manager
Job Duties: The Butcher operates as part of a cohesive butchery team operating seamlessly as part of wholesale and retail butcher operations. The Butcher uses his / her creativity, communication, customer service skills to create a destination worthy meat shop and store.
This is an opportunity for a passionate and experienced individual to break new ground in whole animal butchery. The Butcher plays a key role in providing a unique retail and wholesale customer experience.
Responsibilities also include:
- Maintains health code standards; sanitation certification
- Overall cleanliness of the shop.
- Merchandising and product displays per store standards
- Becomes proficient with primal, sub primal and retail cuts as well as their preparation.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for directing the energy, sales, and service focus of every shift worked.
- Participates in annual and daily shift planning for our shop and then works to implement those plans.
- Promotes effective communication between the retail and wholesale operations as well as café, and grocery.
- Participates in hiring, training, coaching, and development of staff.
- Complies with Managerial expectations; works 2–4 shifts actively coaching and teaching behind the meat counter.
- Loves to sell, and has a proven track record in sales.
- Creates a positive and fun work environment.
- Has an extended knowledge of specialty foods and food care.
- Has strong high-volume foodservice work experience with preference given towards specialty food experience.
- Has experience with cost control in food and labor cost.
- Is extremely well organized; can deal with multiple tasks at the same time; has excellent follow-through skills.
- Is comfortable following established system, adapting to changes, and solving problems on the fly
- Professional verbal and written communication skills