Download as a PDF
We are looking for a full-time Cheesemonger to sling cheese (and other deli items) and provide fantastic service.
About the CHEESEMONGER
- You are passionate about the artisan food world. You have an insatiable curiosity about food that keeps you looking out for that next great cheese to try, and then sharing the cheesy love with friends, customers, and basically anyone who will listen!
- You are engaging and approachable at all times — with customers, fellow staff, and management.
- You have previous experience working in a retail environment with specialty food (preferably at least 1 year of experience in cheese)
- You are willing to commit to the position for at least one year, with weekend, evening, and holiday availability
- Lead the deli business and daily operations of the designated area
- Stock the store and create gorgeous displays – ensure a full area all day long
- Cut and wrap cheese and charcuterie for retail customers — cut to order as well as pre-cuts
- Design and build cheese/meat boards
- Provide fantastic customer service. Offer helpful suggestions across the store and ensure prompt service times
- Be accountable for ensuring product is fresh, within date, in-stock, signed & labeled correctly, accurate inventory management, and food safety product presentation
- Communicate with Market Manager to coordinate orders of product
- Maintain a positive work environment on the retail floor and train any deli support team members
- Fill-in on café register during breaks or gaps in coverage and assist Butcher shop as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Market Manager
- Knowledge of meats and cheeses required
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Able to spot guest issues and provide quick resolution
- Able to accurately handle cash register operations
- Flexible work schedule (e.g. nights, weekends, holidays)
- Regular attendance necessary
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the market as needed
- This position is paid hourly
- Health Insurance
- Employee discount
This position is open immediately. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Local Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.