Download as a PDF
We are looking for a Route Driver to get products to our customers quickly, safely, and provide fantastic service along the way. We have both full and part positions available. Apply now and let us know why you want to work for Local Foods!
Job Duties: Serve as an ambassador of the company during daily functions as a member of the Operations Team. We are a rapidly growing distribution company representing Midwestern farmers… and NEED your help!
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Deliver the best product around to great customers in Chicagoland, ensuring safety, cleanliness and customer service
2. Apply safety and sanitation rules regarding the food, road, team, and space.
3. Deliver product, payments, and record keeping materials.
1. High school diploma / GED
2. Availability on Monday-Saturdays
3. Previous employment as a driver required
4. Energetic, fun, friendly, customer service minded individual
5. Passion for the local food movement a plus
6. Understands how to be a part of a small team environment
7. Has a positive attitude and a great sense of quality and urgency
8. Must maintain a neat and tidy appearance as well as a clean driving record.
9. Loading and unloading of product with adherence to sanitation and safety procedures
10. Physically able to lift up to 60 pounds safely and repeatedly
11. Valid Illinois Driver’s license required; driving record will be monitored and pulled upon applying.
This position is open immediately. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):It is the policy of Local Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
About Local Foods
Local Foods is Chicago’s first wholesale distributor and retailer of primarily local foods from the Midwest’s best farmers. We source and deliver the finest farm foods to consumers, restaurants, grocers, schools and institutions. We started Local Foods to simplify the way Midwestern farmers’ products are brought to market and bring the stories of producers to life. We want to make the best tasting local foods easy and accessible! We put an emphasis on great food and great relationships – with our farmers, staff, and with our customers.