Floor Manager (Market & Cafe)
Download as a PDF
Title: Market & Cafe Floor Manager
Reports to: Market Manager
- This position is responsible for overseeing the market staff, assisting with training, scheduling, and general day-to-day operations in the market. The Floor manager is also responsible for assisting the Market Manager with overseeing the care and condition of products in the store — including stock and inventory, merchandising and upkeep of floor displays. This is a full time role with opportunity and room for advancement.
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Schedules market work schedule in coordination with HR, and supports schedules for cafe and market departments.
- Trains new market employees, and supports market and cafe team members with continuing education, training, and staff development; provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
- Leads by example, and provides employees with clear expectations and timely feedback; and maintains high-quality of customer service and leads team in customer interactions on the floor.
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Works with Market Manager to support labor budgets for the market department.
- Plans and executes Grocery Department merchandising and displays.
- Ensures rotation requirements for all grocery products are consistently achieved.
- Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Assists with conducting quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Successfully performs all duties of a Journeyman Grocery Clerk.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Market Manager.
- High school diploma / GED
- Full-time availability, weekend availability required
- Proven success as a team lead or trainer in a food service or grocery environment
- Experience with sales or related food industry floor experience
- Energetic, fun, friendly, customer service minded individual
- Passion for the local food movement a plus
- Understands how to be a part of a small team environment
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation, takes initiative, problem solves and hustles!
- Has a positive attitude and a great sense of quality and urgency
- Must maintain a neat and tidy appearance
- Adherence to sanitation and safety procedures
- Understanding or experience with creative merchandising and display skills.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations and culinary skills. Possesses a genuine passion for food.
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds safely and repeatedly
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Local Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
This position is open immediately. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.