Download as a PDF
We are looking for a part-time Fulfillment Associate to join our fulfillment team in our warehouse and get our orders packed up quickly and accurately. This is an evening position and associates are responsible for ensuring that each product sent out meets Local Foods standards of quality.
You are highly adaptable and contribute to the success of the team through effective communication. You possess a high attention to detail and integrity. And you are energetic and self motivated.
Duties and responsibilities
- This position is in the evenings (average start time at 5pm) and will be 3+ days a week Sunday-Fridays.
- Ensure that the mission and core values of the company are put into practice
- Use clear, direct, and respectful communication at all times
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work space
- Must have strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Visually check product quality and freshness
- Fill orders for delivery or pick-up
- Maintain the proper handling and knowledge of produce, proteins, and dairy to ensure the delivery of the highest quality
- Assist Receiving and Inventory as needed with (but not limited to) evaluation, resolving, and maintaining the highest of quality control, reporting accurate cooler/freezer inventory and maintain cooler/freezer organization. FIFO product and removing all spoilage.
- Identify out of stock items and communicate that to the Operations Manager and Inside Sales
- Must be highly energetic with strong physical stamina, achieving productivity goals in a very fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to work in a refrigerated environment for extended periods of time
- Use proper form when lifting (Lifting with legs not with back), will gain this proficiency through training
- Use all equipment the proper way it’s meant to be used as directed by the manufacturer (will gain this proficiency through training)
- Understand the application of safety and sanitation rules by ServSafe Training standards regarding the food, road, team, and space.
- Remove all debris on warehouse floor to prevent tripping hazards
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and ensure showroom appearance
- Maintain personal hygiene and keep neat and tidy appearance
- Wear latex gloves when picking orders
- Wash hands prior to returning to the warehouse floor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Drive
- Be Energetic, Fun, Friendly, and Customer Service oriented
- Be Positive and have a great sense of quality, urgency, pride in work and accountability for one’s own actions
- Understand how to be a part of a small team environment
- Highly punctual
- Background in produce knowledge
- Ability to deal with challenges of day to day operations in a professional manner
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry 50–60 lbs
- Lift heavy objects, repetitively on a regular basis.
- Lift heavy oddly shaped product (half and whole animals)
- Repetitive physical tasks.
- Working in temperatures of 50 degrees to 0 degrees
This position is open immediately. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Local Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEOprotected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.