[HandCut Foods] Executive Chef
Download as a PDF
Title: Executive Chef
Job Summary: Chef candidate must have experience with large volume production, from scratch cooking with premium products, familiarity with different food production techniques, and ability to communicate and manage a staff. Passion and understanding of the importance of from scratch cooking. Strong leadership skills are required to manage staff.
Essential Duties and Areas of Responsibility
Maintain and develop standards in kitchen as company grows.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines
- Follows HAACP plans
- Manages time/temperature logs
- Ensures kitchen cleanliness
Manage costs to budget
- Perform daily analysis of inventory to prioritize product utilization.
- Has a clear understanding of P&L statements and works towards maintaining target food costs.
- Train, manage, develop kitchen employees
- Identify, address, document individual employee performance according to standard operating procedure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and is able to communicate to external clients and internally to colleagues.
- Works in conjunction with Sous Chef to perform pre-shift meetings with kitchen staff to establish a daily production schedule.
- Works in conjunction with Sous Chef to prepare daily prep sheets.
- Works with catering team to create catering proposals, communicates setup and execution of event with catering manager
- A minimum of 2 years in a managerial role in a kitchen.
- Fine dining food production experience and/or large batch food production
- Must have experience cooking from scratch
- Must be open to feedback and coachable