[HandCut Foods] Sous Chef
Download as a PDF
Title: Sous Chef
Job Summary: Successful candidates for the Sous Chef position will have strong cooking, leadership, and management skills, with at least two years of experience as a Sous Chef in a high volume, dynamic environment. Additional responsibilities will include supervisory tasks of employees, including training, discipline, and problem solving
Essential Duties and Areas of Responsibility
Ensuring ordering practices remain within budget while assisting the Executive Chef
- Assist with menu writing and idea generation, keeping in line with HCF’s philosophy
- Oversee daily purchasing of food and supplies, maintaining product quality while diligently finding best pricing and sourcing the highest quality product.
- Work in coordination with Catering Coordinator to maintain timely and accurate production of menu items for catering events..
- Works with Executive Chef to develop new programs including school specific menus and thematic menus.
Maintain and develop standards in kitchen as company grows
- Works with hourly staff to maintain proper sanitation and safety in the kitchen.
- Is trained and follows HACCP procedures for food safety and helps maintain records.
- Taking proper care of equipment and communicating with Executive Chef when maintenance is required.
- Key ability to lead and manage a team as well as provide guidance throughout the kitchen
- Working with HCF delivery drivers to ensure timely and safe food deliveries.
- Develop standardized recipes and enforces staff to follow recipes.
- Assist with recipe costing and nutritionals.
- Manage kitchen staff for daily production. Production includes school accounts, catering and corporate dining.
- A minimum of 2 years in a managerial role in a kitchen.
- Fine dining food production experience and/or large batch food production
- Must have experience cooking from scratch
- Must be open to feedback and coachable