Inside Sales Associate (Market & Cafe)
Download as a PDF
Title: Inside Sales Associate
Reports to: Sales Manager
Job Duties: The Inside Sales Associate, working collaboratively with the sales team, will assist outside sales orders through communications skills, knowledge of product and inventory. Inside sales will assist in office management and administrative tasks. This individual will also develop a leads list creating for potential new business and segment research. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
Hours: Part time — evenings and weekends may be required.
Responsibilities also include:
- Manage invoicing of daily orders, sampling and product sales, including creating invoices for new orders and reconciling invoices with orders as delivered
- Communicate between operations and sales as needed to complete fulfillment process and provide essential feedback to all departments
- Handle incoming Customer Service Inquiries, and communicate with customers regarding daily orders
- Assist with filing and other administrative tasks related to invoicing, customer account management and setup, customer relations management
- Create, update and distribute information about producers and other sales materials, including accurately filling out specialized order forms, catalogs, etc.
- Research and Cold call prospective clients, Identify lead buyers and collect contact information
- Collect pertinent sales information about prospective clients
- Manage customer leads with account managers
- Create new customer account information and file
- Research new segment & target areas for sales
- Work as a team player and effective communicator: Interact and communicate, both written and verbally, with management, sales / procurement team, customers and vendors in a timely and informative manner.
- 2 yr. college degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 yr. work experience in related field
- Enthusiastic and interest in working in a fast-paced start-up company culture
- Able to perform basic math calculations
- Strong knowledge of food products
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent listening skills
- Exceptional verbal communication
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Ability to work as part of a growing and close team
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Local Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
This position is open immediately. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.