Download as a PDF
We are looking for a LINE COOK in our open kitchen and provide the most smiles for our customers. We promote a kitchen culture that emphasizes creativity, team-work, and high standards. As a cook, you will grow your skill set while interacting constantly with our customers — our cooks are resources to engage our customers with the food we grow, cook, and sell!
About the LINE COOK
- You are passionate about the artisan food world and love cooking a seasonally-focused menu.
- You are engaging and approachable at all times — with customers, fellow staff, and management.
- You have previous experience working in an open kitchen environment (preferably at least 1 year of cooking experience)
- You are willing to commit to the position for at least one year, with weekend, evening, and holiday availability
- Contribute to a frequently changing, seasonal menu with a local-sourcing emphasis.
- Execute menu in an open-kitchen for brunch and lunch services, and supporting catering and events.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding menu items. Be visible and actively greet, engage, and assist customers.
- Fill in on Café register as needed
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the cafe and market and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about dishes.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures rotation requirements for all cafe and menu products are consistently achieved.
- Ensure kitchen and cafe environment is kept clean, organized and contribute to it running efficiently and responsively.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Café Manager.
- 2 years of culinary school, industry, or related experience in a food industry setting preferred (restaurant, grocery or related venue)
- Serve-safe food handlers certification or equivalent
- Flexible work schedule (e.g. weekends and holidays)
- Energetic, fun, friendly, customer service minded individual
- Passion for the local food movement a plus
- Understands how to be a part of a small team environment
- Has a positive attitude and a great sense of quality and urgency
- Must maintain a neat and tidy appearance
- Adherence to sanitation and safety procedures
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds safely and repeatedly
This position is open immediately. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Local Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.