Line Cook (Market Cafe)
Download as a PDF
Title: Cafe Line Cook
Reports to: Executive Chef/Cafe Manager
- Local Foods is hiring full-time day-time line cooks who will work with our team to create and execute a seasonally focused and regularly changing menu utilizing the best of what’s available from the market and butcher shop. We promote a kitchen culture that emphasizes creativity, team-work, and high standards. As a cook, you will grow your skill set while interacting constantly with our customers in our open kitchen — our cooks are resources to engage our customers with the food we grow, cook, and sell! Please respond with a current resume to set up a stage. These are full time positions available, all positions have opportunities for advancement.
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to a frequently changing, seasonal menu with a local-sourcing emphasis.
- Execute menu in an open-kitchen for brunch and lunch services, and supporting catering and events.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding menu items.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the cafe and market and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about dishes.
- Responsible for being visible and actively greeting, engaging and assisting customers.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures rotation requirements for all cafe and menu products are consistently achieved.
- Ensure kitchen and cafe environment is kept clean, organized and contribute to it running efficiently and responsively.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Cafe Manager.
- High school diploma / GED
- 2 years of culinary school, industry, or related experience in a food industry setting (restaurant, grocery or related venue)
- Serve-safe food handlers certification or equivalent
- Full-time availability, weekend availability required
- Energetic, fun, friendly, customer service minded individual
- Passion for the local food movement a plus
- Understands how to be a part of a small team environment
- Has a positive attitude and a great sense of quality and urgency
- Must maintain a neat and tidy appearance
- Adherence to sanitation and safety procedures
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds safely and repeatedly
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Local Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
This position is open immediately. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.