Download as a PDF
Title: Shift Lead
Reports to: Market Manager
Job Duties: The Shift Lead serves as an integral part of a team delivering a top-notch customer experience at an intimate, dynamic food market. You are a key part of the store culture, a leader in product knowledge and highly influential in how you engage with customers. You are the first to learn, share, and inspire your team members through approachability and action. You also know how to turn mild customer curiosity into intense interest.
Shift Leads set the cultural tone for the store through excellent customer service and management.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides a leading example of customer service.
- Provides day to day management for the floor team – roughly 10 people at any given time.
- Writes schedule
- Trains team
- Manages store associate positions and daily checklists
- Floats on the floor, serving as a resource to individual departments. Works collaboratively with department leaders to create a unified store experience.
- Serves as the point person for the overall store appearance during the day.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Experience in customer service oriented jobs retail, food service etc.
- Working knowledge of POS, buying, pricing systems
- Familiarity with natural and organic foods; passion for good food
- Experience with Microsoft Excel; experience with ERP software a plus
- Able to exercise good judgment in determining workflow, priorities, and deadlines.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Ethan at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 1.