Store Associate (Market & Cafe)
Download as a PDF
Title: Market & Cafe Associate (Part Time & Full Time Positions)
Reports to: Market Manager
- This position helps create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service in the market and cafe. Associates will be tasked with register work, stock and inventory, merchandising and upkeep of floor displays, establishing and maintaining a safe and clean environment. We have part time and full time positions available, all positions have opportunities for advancement.
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold throughout the market.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the market and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Responsible for being visible and actively greeting, engaging and assisting customers.
- Process customer transactions through the check lane quickly, accurately, and efficiently. Understand the Point of Sale (POS) system, and handle various tenders following checkout procedures according to company policy.
- Supporting cafe staff with services as register or counter assistance.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures rotation requirements for all grocery products are consistently achieved.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Market Manager.
- Full-time availability, weekend availability required
- Experience in a food industry setting: restaurant, grocery, or related (or willing to train!!)
- Energetic, fun, friendly, customer service minded individual
- Passion for the local food movement a plus
- Understands how to be a part of a small team environment
- Has a positive attitude and a great sense of quality and urgency
- Must maintain a neat and tidy appearance
- Adherence to sanitation and safety procedures
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds safely and repeatedly
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Local Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
This position is open immediately. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.