Job Title: Store Associate
Reports to: Market Manager
The Store Associate serves as an integral part of a team delivering a top-notch customer experience at an intimate, dynamic food market. You are a key part of the store culture, a leader in product knowledge and highly influential in how you engage with customers. You are the first to learn, share, and inspire your team members through approachability and action. You also know how to turn mild customer curiosity into intense interest.
Highly motived, self-starting Store Associates will soon be leading departments of their own, as ample opportunity exists to earn greater responsibility.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Deliver best-in-class service
- Assist customers with product questions, offering suggestions for purchases and ways to prepare products.
- Maintain clean curated displays, in which all products are priced accordingly, labeled properly, and have appropriate educational signage
- Assist department managers with ordering and receiving products that meets customer needs and Local Foods standards.
- Assist with Stock shelves and displays across multiple departments.
- Check out customers at register
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Retial expereince strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Experience in customer service oriented jobs retail, food service etc.
- Working knowledge of POS, buying, pricing systems
- Familiarity with natural and organic foods; passion for good food
- Experience with Microsoft Excel; experience with ERP software a plus
- Able to exercise good judgment in determining workflow, priorities, and deadlines.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
This position is open immediately. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Ethan at email@example.com no later than March 15.