Download as a PDF
Job title: Warehouse Associate
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Associates are responsible for accurately and quickly selecting and packing products to fulfill our customers’ orders. Associate are responsible for ensuring that each product that is sent out meets Local Foods standards of quality. Associate must maintain a clean and safe work environment.
The Warehouse Associates (WA) is highly adaptable and contributes to the success of the team through effective communication. The ideal candidate must be able to work well with others and thrive in a constantly changing work environment. The Warehouse Associate must possess a high attention to detail. In addition the role will receive inbound orders from local farms and assure that product meets Local
Foods’ quality standards. Associate must be able to perform general warehouse tasks. Additional responsibilities will vary depending on work load for the day.
Warehouse Associates assist with managing inventory and spoilage by accurately tagging and rotating product through following FIFO practice and checking the quality of product daily. The ideal candidate will ensure that inventory is updated accurately and completed on a timely basis daily. Associates should be energetic and self motivated. Must be able to lift and carry 50–60 lbs, repetitively day to day and comfortable with working in temperatures between 50 degrees to 0 degrees. This position also requires standing for the entire shift. Associates ensure that Local Foods’ standards of a clean and safe warehouse
are met before the workdays’ end.
- Acts as a leader to ensure that the mission and core values of the company are put into practice.
- Uses clear, direct and respectful communication at all times.
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work space.
- Must have strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Visually checking product quality and freshness.
- Identifying out of stock items and communicating that to the Operations Manager and Inside Sales.
- Must be highly energetic with strong physical stamina, achieving productivity goals in a very fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work in a refrigerated environment for extended periods of time.
- Report grievances directly to Warehouse Manager and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Must be able to speak in a respectful tone to all co-workers
- Use proper form when lifting (Lifting with legs not with back), will gain this proficiency through training
- Use all equipment the proper way it’s meant to be used as directed by the manufacturer (will gain this proficiency through training)
- Understand the application of safety and sanitation rules by ServSafe Training standards regarding the food, road, team, and space.
- Remove all debris on warehouse floor to prevent tripping hazards
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and ensure showroom appearance
- Maintain personal hygiene and keep neat and tidy appearance
- Wear latex gloves when picking orders
- Wash hands prior to returning to the warehouse floor
Order Fulfillment, Inventory Management and Receiving:
- Fill orders for delivery or pick-up
- Maintain the proper handling and knowledge of produce, proteins, and dairy to ensure the delivery of the highest quality
- Assist Receiving and Inventory as needed with [but not limited to] evaluation, resolving, and maintaining the highest of quality control, reporting accurate cooler/freezer inventory and maintain cooler/freezer organization.FIFO product and removing all spoilage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Drive
- Be Energetic, Fun, Friendly, and Customer Service oriented
- Be Positive and have a great sense of quality, urgency, pride in work and accountability for one’s own actions
- Understand how to be a part of a small team environment
- Highly punctual
- Background in produce knowledge
- Ability to deal with challenges of day to day operations in a professional manner
- Periodic weekend work.
- Exposure to cold temperatures
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Lift heavy objects, repetitively on a regular basis.
- Lift heavy oddly shaped product (half and whole animals)
- Repetitive physical tasks.
- Working in temperatures of 50 degrees to 0 degrees
Please send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org