From Rob Levitt of Butcher & Larder
– 2 Mighty Vine Beefsteak Tomatoes
– 1lb Butcher & Larder Mild Italian Sausage
– 6T Bread Crumbs
– 3T Parmesan Cheese
1.Wash and de-stem the tomatoes. Cut in half across the stem and scoop out the pulp.
2.Take the sausage out of the casing and mix with the tomato pulp.
3. Divide the sausage among the tomato halves.
4. Mix the bread crumbs and cheese together and sprinkle an even layer over the stuffed tomatoes.
5. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven until golden brown and the sausage reaches an internal temperature of 150 F.