From Lindsay Zamora of Stock Cafe
– 2 c Mightyvine cherry tomatoes
– 2 c Publican Sourdough bread
– 1/2 c Traders Point cottage cheese
– Enzo olive oil and balsamic vinegar
– Shaved Nordic parmesan & Gotham Greens basil to garnish
1. Halve cherry tomatoes and set and place in a bowl.
2. Cut bread into approximately 1 inch cubes. At the cafe we deep fry the bread to order but this recipe also works well with baked croutons. To deep fry the bread bring a minimum of an inch of neutral oil up to 325 degrees. Fry bread for about 2 minutes. If you prefer to use croutons, toss cubed bread in oil and bake at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes.
3. Add bread to tomatoes and toss with salt and olive oil.
4. Dot the panzanella with cottage cheese and garnish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, torn basil and shaved parmesan.