We are looking for a passionate Store Associate to be a multi-threat on salesfloor – from stocking and inventory, to helping in the café, to cashiering and providing fantastic service, opening and closing the market, and everything in between – this person needs to have it all. And have a love for Local Foods!
About the STORE ASSOCIATE
- Are passionate about the local food world. You love knowing where your food comes from and what it’s all about. And you love sharing all that foodie knowledge with friends, family, customers, and anyone that will listen!
- You are engaging and approachable at all times – with customers, fellow staff, and management.
- Our working market hours are generally from 8am-8pm – if you can work shifts within that time frame, then this might be the place for you!
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Be engaging and approachable at all times. Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Gain product knowledge and offer helpful suggestions across the store. Ensure prompt service times and a great customer checkout experience – acting quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Be accountable for ensuring product is fresh, within date, in-stock, signed & labeled correctly, accurate inventory management, and food safety product presentation
- Maintain a positive work environment on the retail floor and train new team members as needed
- Make good use of excess time by supporting other departments and productively managing hours
- Closely follow all store opening and closing routines; complete daily to-do lists as necessary
- Demonstrate dependability and flexibility; meet attendance requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Market Manager
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Able to spot guest issues and provide quick resolution
- Able to accurately handle cash register operations
- Great at multitasking
- Flexible work schedule (e.g. evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Regular attendance necessary
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the market as needed
- Produce & Farm to Table knowledge and interest a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Local Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
This position is open immediately. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.